Date: 07 November 2019
Duration: 1,5 days
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Cost: € 711,00 (Registration by 7 October) / € 790,00
Organiser: ERA - Academy of European Law
This annual conference will update patent litigators and attorneys on the ongoing European and EU initiatives in the field of patent law. The focus will be on emerging technologies used as medical therapies or treatment methods on the human being, including genome engineering, biomedical applications of human stem cells and nucleic acid-related inventions.
* The EU Biotech Directive 98/44: still fit for purpose?
* Patenting of diagnostic methods in Europe and the USA;
* Patenting of human embryonic stem cells;
* Patenting gene and gene-editing tool:
* EPO current practice on patenting life;
* The EU/EPC saga on the definition of “essentially biological processes”;
* Legal tools to facilitate access to patented biotechnologies;
* Life science between patent law and Artificial Intelligence.
Litigators specialised in patent law, in-house counsel and European patent attorneys.